After one the shortest month of june...moving day came all to fast for our family. We still haven't sold our house, which makes getting ready for movers a little more difficult. We ended up with a showing the night before the movers come. Wanting to sell the house more each day, we didn't want to leave anything out of place so we had to wait until after we got home to start packing our bags, taking pictures off the wall and figuring out what was going with us or being packed up. I am trying to remember why I didn't move myself again. I thought having someone else pack up your house is the better option.
They came first thing in the morning and by 2:00 my house was in boxes, with an exception of a couple of TV's and a garage. They would have had it all done in a day, but they didn't bring the right boxes. I was so grateful that I had a place for my girls to go while they were packing up boxes. Savannah had a play date at Kassidy's house and I wasn't sure what I was going do with Brittlynn. The normal people she plays with were busy...so I called Katie Ricks. She was an answer to prayers. Her daughter is the same age as Brittlynn, they go to church together, they just haven't played together. They became best of friends and it was perfect for me.
We were hoping the movers were going to come to our house a day early because the packer were done so fast, but it didn't happen. So we stayed 2 nights in our empty house, eating leftovers out of the fridge sleeping on mattress. I spent most of the time trying to clean so we would be ready to go. Friday morning...7:00 a.m. the truck pulled up to our house. I was glad we stayed at our house and not a hotel...we would have gotten there that early. In a blink of an eye our house was packed.
The girls had art class all week long, which was very helpful and then on Friday while our house was getting packed, they went over to the Hunke's house to eat lunch and play. They had so much fun and I was so grateful they were taken care of. This move was a little strange to me...or maybe I don't remember the other ones. The people that I spent most of my time with and were at my house, weren't the ones that helped me when it was time to move. Realizing what kind of friendship you have in a family you don't associate with that often. In an area where I thought I was so loved...I never felt so alone.
We had to say our good-byes...to our house, to our friends and a city that we loved. It was a good/hard four years in Colorado. Looking back, I can't believe how much my life has changed. I am so glad Eric was able to work at the Air Force Academy.








No comments:
Post a Comment