When my mom realized we were going to be coming so soon after Brittlynn's birthday she decided to save her gifts until we got there. Having my mom be able to have these moments when she sees the excitement in the eyes of her granddaughters are priceless.
I love the summer movies that theatre put on for a dollar. I know they are movies that you have already seen, but it is the experience of watching them in the movie theatre that makes it so exciting. It is also a very expensive way to get out of the house without breaking the bank. Brittlynn and Jericho were so excited during the movie they were on the edge of their seats the whole time. Popcorn is definitely a must when you are at the movies.
Summers in Las Vegas have to be spent inside or at the pool...if not you might melt. This year we decided to take advantage of the hotel pool and just play and have lunch with our cousins there. Brittlynn loved her little arm floaties and it made my life in the pool so much easier.
Its alway good to know someone and this time Lisa had a friend in her old ward that does a comedy show at a hotel in on the old strip. She was able to get us tickets to the performance for free. I don't remember the last time I laughed so hard. It was lots of fun and the kids had a blast.
I am not sure why but I thought we might take an adventure to Lake Mead and play at the beach. It had been a really long time since I had gone and my sister. Water is were it is at...but this was a terrible idea...it was a very long drive to a very rocky beach to be covered in sand by the wind and to have Jericho step on a rock and slice open his foot, which led to stitches. Even though the circumstances weren't ideal...the kids had fun and they made the most of it all. It won't be on our to-do list ever again.
I have decided that people who live in Las Vegas are a little crazy. We decided to go to the drive-in...can I remind you it is July. That means very hot weather...so hot you are sweat without even moving. We went to see How to Train your dragon 2...the kids had a lot of fun. Eric and I thought we were going to melt...but we had fun.
While all of this was going on you might wonder where Eric was. He joined us for most of the activities, but he was able to get a lot of golfing in. He was even able to try a little night golf.
So that is Vegas in nutshell. I love spending time with my sister and her family. I wish we could see each other more often. I am grateful that I live close enough to drive and see her more than I have in the past.















No comments:
Post a Comment