So I heard about a half marathon that they have here in Colorado. I was determined that I was going to do run it..The Slacker. The word is opposite of everything that you would use to refer to running 13.1 miles. The reason it is called the slacker is because it is mostly down hill. I really wanted to do another half marathon so Eric said he would join me. At the last minute April decided she wanted to run with us so it was an adventure up the mountain to see how we would do. We stayed the night at a hotel not to Eric's liking and we were up early in the morning for the run.
We tried to get some snacks for the morning and found the most random sign outside of a gas station. It was just a small town in the Colorado mountains. The strange things that you will find.
Eric promised he would stay by me. April was gone with-in the first quarter of a mile and there were so many people. It wasn't my best performance, but I did well and my husband kept his word and stayed by me the whole entire way. I love him for doing this. It was harder than I thought it would be.
No comments:
Post a Comment