Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day





For the longest time Eric never got to celebrate Father's Day with his kids because they were at their moms.  That was a little different the couple of years that she was in Texas and then when she moved it was the same all over again.  With the girls being around, I realized how much it means to him to have his kids with him on this one day each year.  This year was hard.  Alex is gone and he doesn't talk to him that much.  The fear was he wouldn't even call.  I felt as if everything I had planned didn't seem to work out the right way.  Luckily for me, my husband is so easy to please and he enjoyed the time that he had with his family, and the things that he got, even if it was more golf things.  We went to church together as a family, then he watched golf, we went for a bike ride, and at the end of the evening he was able to talk to Alex.  Which made him feel so much better inside.  Being a parent is so difficult.  You feel responsible for what you children do and don't do, even though at some point in their lives, they make their own choices. I love this man that I married and I am so glad my children have such and amazing Daddy...and he still likes to be crazy with them. 


No comments: