I stay home with my girls and Savannah was only in preschool three days a week so when summer starts our everyday routine doesn't change much. For some reason there is a change in excitement and attitude about everyday. Perhaps because it is warmer outside...I am not sure. This year we had a really late winter followed by a lot of rainy days. The one day I tried to spray my rocks for weeds it rained...just like it had every other day for the last month. It doesn't rain long but it cools down the temperature. Of course this doesn't stop Savannah from having fun outside. She just went and played in the rain. Brittlynn didn't go exploring outside she decided to create herself a kitchen. Yes, she has a play kitchen in the basement with food, dishes, pots, and pans, but it isn't the same as Mommy's so I was blessed with many different kind of entrees and a few missing dishes.
I was able to get the pool out for the girls for the few warm moments in the day so they could cool off. They had a blast in the pool and of course they loved to get their picture taken. Anything to be able to wear a bathing suit. It is their favorite thing to wear when playing at home and now they get to play in water. Heaven in the back yard.
The weather finally cleared up enough to be able to put the flag out. I didn't realize it had been so long until I tried to say the pledge of allegiance with the girls and they had forgotten. It didn't take long for them to remember, but I was sad they had forgotten. Yes they are both in cheer leading outfits. They are cheering for our favorite teams and it is something they want to wear all of the time.
This year I thought it was a great idea to have the girls do swim lessons at the outdoor pool we swim at. It would save us time and we would beat the crowds, because we would already be there. The first day was supposed to be warm, but the water heater was broken and the water was freezing. That a long with the wind made it almost impossible for anyone to stay in the water. Brittlynn didn't last very long at all. She tried, but she gets too cold to fast. We would have left but we had friends that came to the pool. The girls weren't swimming but they wanted to be with friends so they stayed. Finally after being at the pool for 3 hours the water was finally warm enough for Savannah to actually swim in. Brittlynn was done with swimming and didn't even want to go back to lessons on another day.
Other things we have done to pass time in the summer is enjoy spending every minute together as sisters. We were actually at a park with a lot of friends and after we went home Savannah said how much better it is to be together with just sisters. I thought it was so sweet and I love that they have so much fun playing together and they truly are the best of friends. I am not sure what Brittlynn is going to do when Savannah is at kindergarten every day. I love these girls.
We also had some cadets over for a little BBQ and roasting of some marshmallows. I am not sure why I didn't think of this before, but I found another piece of heaven in my home. I made some chocolate chip cookies and while they were still warm from the oven we put a marshmallow between them. My new favorite smores. It is the best thing that I have ever had. Doesn't it look heavenly...and the chocolate is already melted and the cookie is so soft. I don't think I will ever eat them any other way.
For now this is what we have done for the summer
Thursday, June 13, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment