Saturday, July 6, 2013

Ohio Summer

This year has been filled with a lot of happy moments along with some really hard memories.  The hard memories came as we watched one of our children (Alex) make choices that tore him away from our family and hurt a lot of us along the way.  So this year when it came to visiting family in Ohio it became a difficult choice.  Family is important...but the heart is very tender and it wasn't ready to be torn apart again so soon.  So we decided Eric would go with the girls to visit family.  Emily had work and I was going to work on projects around the house.  It was a hard choice to make.  Family should be tother, but I wasn't emotionally ready to be hurt again.

The week was spent spending time with Nana and Papa, swimming at the pool, hanging out with cousins, going to the zoo, shopping with daddy, laughing and loving every minute they were there.  Savannah didn't want to come home because she loves spending time with family.  It is hard being so far away, especially when they are so close in age.  Plus, Nana has a pool that you can walk to and Savannah is a little fish.  She can never get enough of swimming.
















































I am so glad that Eric went.  I am so glad the girls were able to make so many memories with their cousins.  I wish things could have been different, but they aren't.

No comments: