I was never really surprised as a kid by anything. I really don't enjoy surprises...and I think that is sad. I hope that I could give something to my kids that I didn't have. So I am working on being better and hoping that they could find excitement in life and the surprises that they could bring.
Savannah is always asking when its her turn to be able to go to a concert. Then it happened...Eric was able to get free tickets to the Kenney Chesney concert. We canceled the plans that we had knowing that we would never have this opportunity again. We debated about telling Emily to see if she wanted to go. We decided not to tell her which drove her completely, but we enjoyed it. We decided that she wouldn't want to miss it for the world. We told everyone that it was a family fun day....and that was about it.
I dropped off Eric early at the stadium so he could get in line to get our tickets. We went exploring around downtown Denver a little bit. We found a really cool river that people play in, a garden that is similar to a garden in the palace of Louise XIV, and some really cool wall paintings.
We could only get 4 tickets so we bought one in the nose bleed section for $40. Not a bad price for the whole family to see a concert. Emily was the first to figure out the big surprise. She saw a sign on the side of the stadium...and was over whelmed with excitement. The girls didn't realize what was happening until it all started. Everyone had a blast, but Savannah was so much fun to watch to scream and to cheer. Brittlynn was the first to crash and Savannah went a little after...but it was late into the night.










No comments:
Post a Comment