Friday, May 31, 2013

The Zoo

The girls love going to the Zoo.  We have a membership there so I take them as often as possible.  It had been awhile since we had gone so we decided that we would go. We usually go with our friends and even though we were supposed to meet up with them we never found them.  For me I had so much fun watching my girls be amazing sisters and just enjoy everything.  We stopped and talked with the zoo keep by the chickens for about 30 minutes.  I wasn't in any hurry to get anywhere and I didn't mind if we didn't see everything.  We were just enjoying our day.  The girls had to take a picture on every statue the saw.  They love to have their pictures taken and I don't mind indulging them.  Brittlynn loves hippo's so we had to take a picture because they are usually in the water or lying down so you cant see them very well.  I love our new baby gorilla and I take a picture every chance that I can get.  I love that our zoo is very hands on, so every chance the girls had to touch something they do.  In their world that is so important.  Most of the places you go you constantly have to remind them not to touch, climb, or explore.  The zoo is a perfect world for them. 













They just opened up an new elephant encounter and we were able to see the elephants for the first time just playing and having so much fun.  That was truly a treat of the day.  It almost makes you wish you could go and join them.  We were sad that daddy didn't get to come with us.  He loves going to the zoo.  He is like a big kid himself. 



No comments: