Saturday, May 18, 2013
YMCA Soccer
Savannah has grown up watching soccer so it is hard to not let her play the game. My only reservation was playing at the same time as brother. I didn't want that crazy of a schedule. So we did spring soccer at the YMCA. It meant another year indoors. The season was about to start and they still didn't have coach, so Eric and I decided that we would do it. Of course he wasn't able to make it to their very first practice so with some help from Emily I was in charge. They have two teams that practice at the same time and the other team didn't have a coach there so I worked with all of the kids. I am so grateful that Emily was there. We divided the kids for a little while and that made the crowd more manageable. I think that put us at about 30 kids playing soccer. Luckily the coach from the other team showed up towards the end.
The season was great. Our team named themselves the sharkies. We did really well starting off winning almost every game. Then the other teams seem to out score us. I had lot of fun coaching and getting the kids excited about soccer. Its fun to be a soccer mom/coach. Eric loved helping out because he just showed up and helped the kids. I did all of the administration stuff. I would do it all over if they needed me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment