Sunday, August 10, 2014

Exploring Idaho...Malad Gorge...Twin Falls



While the movers were unloading our furniture they made some suggestions of places to go see that aren't too far away.  The first one was Malad Gorge...we looked it up online and we were off.  With a little detour, we finally found it.  It was a beautiful little gem that we found.  The girls were excited to see all of the water falls.  They were a little sad that they couldn't go exploring and climb on rocks.  It made me really nervous looking straight down a cliff.  So we stopped to take pictures and climb on lava rocks on the side of the trail.  We thought there was more to it...but this all we found.  















Twin falls was our next stop...and we were truly amazed.  We stopped first at Shoshone falls...it was amazing.  The water level was low...but it is beautiful.  We ate lunch first then spent the afternoon exploring.  The girls had a lot of fun until we took them up on a long hike up to the look out point.   The view was amazing but we had to bribe them to get them to keep walking back down.  We promised them we would come back when the water level is higher.  






















After making it down we got snow cones and went to the lake right by the falls.  The girls were in heaven.  We let them play in the water and the enjoyed the cool air and they were able to relax.  




We stopped off at the temple on the way back...but we could see the temple before we crossed the bridge into twin falls.  I can't believe that we have two beautiful temples within just over an hour of our house.  I truly am blessed.   I love to see the temple and I love that my girls do too...they get so excited to see them.  We are blessed to have temples all over the world today.






Next stop was the bridge...it was amazing spanning  the snake river...the lines...the architecture...I was amazed.  We found a couple of golf courses the tucked down by the river.  Twin falls is an amazing place to visit.  I could imagine its a great place to live.





It was a hot an exhausting day...we found out that Savannah and I both have skin that love mosquitos. We were the only ones that got bit.   We were more than ready to be home...the girls passed out in the back of the car.  It was a fun day full of memories.  Glad we could make them as a family

1 comment:

Rebecca Lynn said...

I'm so glad to see you're having fun family adventures in your new home already!