We moved into our house, boxes unpacked and before we knew it, school was starting. I was okay with kindergarten but 1st was a little harder for me. After a summer of the girls spending so much time together and keeping me on my toes, I realized I wasn't sure what I was going to do with Savannah gone all day. Savannah didn't seem to have much of a problem going to the first grade. She was so excited and could wait to meet new friends and do new things.
I try and remember to have the girls say the pledge of allegiance when I put out the flag...it just means I have to remember to put out the flag. Brittlynn was excited for the first day of school until she realize she wasn't going with her sister. We had already gone to school the day before it started to see if we could meet the teacher and see where the classroom was at. Savannah was so ready...and then she was scared all at the same time. This is my personality that I see in her often...shyness. When she is uncertain about a situation she pulls in. Unlike myself, it doesn't take long for her to adjust and socialize with everyone.
Luckily the first day was a short day and we decided to celebrate by going swimming at the pool. Savannah was so excited to be able to swim, to be done with school for the day, and mostly to spend time with her sister. They missed being together. I hope they are always like this.
Being at school all day is an adjustment and exhausting...but it is getting better everyday.






No comments:
Post a Comment