Sunday morning we woke up early and headed off to see a few places in Missouri before we went to Illinois to see some family. First stop Independence. We went to the visitors center and across the street we saw the temple for the Community of Christ church. It was very interesting. The tour was a great way to start our church history tour. We learned a lot about what the early saints went through as they moved from state to state. As the missionary taught us I could feel how important it is to go to Zion...or to create a Zion in our homes.
After we went to Independence we drove to see the Liberty Jail. The jail itself is a very interesting structure, but listening to the experience that Joseph Smith and the other had was inspiring.
Next stop was Far West...its in the middle of now where, but it was so beautiful. I love how they find such good spots to put temples. The temple grounds is on a small hill that you can see the rolling hills all around. The wildflowers in this area are amazing...some of them are so huge. I can't believe they just grow. I couldn't imagine dedicating land for a temple and then having to leave it time after time. We complain when we don't have a temple in our own city.
After that we headed to Illinois...we crossed my favorite river...the Mississippi...and went to see some family. I can't get over how green everything is everywhere. It is a completely different world. I am so amazed that the saint were able to leave such a beautiful place with all of the trees...and it being so green.
No comments:
Post a Comment