Then it was off to Nauvoo. The name the city beautiful doesn't do it justice. As you come around the corner the temple is there for all to see. My heart aches for the saints who had to leave their city. We ate lunch and explored a little around town to see what there was to offer. They had benches in front of every store that Brittlynn had to sit on, interesting buildings and signs, and then a horse drawn carriage that the girls chased down the street.
Then Eric took the girls to the hotel so I could do a session at the temple. I am so grateful they were able to rebuild the temple and I could feel the spirit of such a sacred place. I know all temples are very sacred...but this one...will always hold a special place in my heart. I was the only one attending the session I went to, but they did everything to make it special for me....something I will never forget. They had fun swimming and I found them exploring on the grass in front of the temple. They were having so much fun. I loved coming out to hear their laughter as they ran around. They were so excited to show me all of the things they found while exploring.
We got in the car and Savannah had a little fun with her daddy driving in a parking lot. Then we set off to find something to eat. After searching for what seemed like forever, we found something just in time to catch the end of the evening show put on by the brass band and the local missionaries.
Then we headed down to the river along the trial of tears to see the sunset on the Mississippi. I told Eric that the river froze over for the saints to leave...he didn't believe me. I questioned myself thinking how can something so massive freeze solid. It truly was a miracle.
To finish up the evening we waited outside the temple to watch it light up. We didn't get there fast enough to get a really good shot of the sun on the temple at sunset, but it was all very amazing. I am so grateful that we took the time to go and my family was able to experience so many wonderful places.


















No comments:
Post a Comment