Thursday, September 3, 2009

37 and Counting

We survived the first week of school. We are still trying to figure out how. Polly has taken on the responsibility of driving the kids everywhere. Alex's bus comes around 6:45 and his school starts around 7:45. Yes, you did your math right, that is one hour of wasted time. Eric goes to work at 7:00 and Polly takes both Alex and Emily to school and to prevent wasting time in the afternoon she picks them up from school. Alex and Emily practice soccer on different nights of the week plus YW on Wednesday. Eric had multiple football games and a dinner during the week. To make it short Polly and Savannah spent a lot of time driving in the car. We survived and are still trying to get into a routine, but somehow it always works out.

Back to School Party....at the Lescarbeau's
  • Bring a Snack
  • Bring a game to play
  • Bring the Family

To have something to look forward to after a crazy week. Polly decided to have a back to school family game night party at our house. It was great. There was a total of 37 people in our house. Kids played outside at the parked, raced bare foot in the grass, played on the Wii, played on the XBox, watched Harry Potter, ate lots of food, laughed, and had fun. This all happened while a few adults were able to sit down and enjoy a "friendly" game provided by the Abbott's. (I think Jay had to sleep on the couch) We were also able to surprise Stephanie Myers with a birthday wish from all of our friends. It was great, we were glad we could do it and can't wait to have another party.



Playing the piano, and having fun...
(side note: put piano away before next party...it gets loud fast)



Yes, the girls are checking out his muscles.



Savannah trying to stand up after the race across the back yard.



They boys getting ready to watch Harry Potter.



The Adult's playing a game.



Cards for the kids on the back porch.



Plenty of food to go around.



HAPPY BIRTHDAY Steph!



Blow out the candle and make a wish.

The only regret for the night was not getting more pictures. Thank you Abbott's, Norby's, Myers, Kaldor's & guest, Haderlie's, and Sage for making the night a success.

3 comments:

Mom's Place said...

Awwww!!! Looks like you guys had a ton of fun!!! I absolutely LOVE the look on Steph's face! Haha! Classic!!

OUR HOUSE said...

I'm really confused - I don't understand why you're still having fun now that I'm gone!!! These pictures sure make me miss you guys...sniff, sniff

Jill said...

I just love looking at all of these photos... your family looks as happy as I knew they would be! I have always loved your upbeat personality and positive outlook on life!! That wall with the photographs and the word FAMILY is above and beyond!!
xox Love You!