A Family of Fans!
It's hard to be fan sometimes...take Ohio State for instance. Last year in the Fiesta Bowl they lost in the last minute of play to Texas, which is hard enough to take, but then USC comes into town with their heralded freshman, plethora of talented running backs and a recent habit of beating down Big Ten powers (35-3 over Ohio State last year and 38 - 24 over Penn State in last years Rose Bowl). Not to mention that Ohio State has lost all national respect ever since the debacles with Florida and LSU in back to back national championship games. No respect, it sounds like a Rodney Dangerfield tirade. Saturday, 12 September 2009, a chance at redemption...OSU dominates the entire game, especially on the defensive side of ball, it's just too bad the offense couldn't help them out a little. It's like deja vu...losing to another national powerhouse in the last minute of play, but here we are as fans to suffer the defeats and enjoy the victories.
The pain of defeat! (or mom wouldn't give her the camera)
My initial reaction, as irrational as it was, blame it all on the coach, after all, it has to be someones fault right??? Someone needs to take responsibility for my pain I am feeling. I am a loyal fan, I stick up for them when no one believes in them, I feel their pain during gut wrenching losses, and I show up week after week to give my support for "my team" I deserve some answers right??? Of course the answer is no. It's not the coach's fault, it's not the QB's fault and it definitely isn't karma's fault. They all did the best that they could on that day and it just wasn't good enough. There is nothing to be ashamed of and nothing can be done. Life will go on, even though beating USC would have made life so much more fun this week, and I will be there every week the rest of the season to provide my support and loyalty to "my team" because I wouldn't have it any other way. Besides it's not like they haven't given me reason to hope for much better results in the future,plus I can still enjoy our utter domination of Michigan and our four Big Ten titles in a row. It's great to be a fan!!!
Daddy with his girls.
Are you ready for some football?
We are serious here!
Mommy and Savannah.
Ready set GO TEAM! (Savannah future chearleader)
OHIO State Girls.
Pre-Game party in the rain.
3 comments:
Such cute pictures!!!!!!!
LOVE the family picture - you guys look great! Sorry about your loss. Meanwhile.....BYU is kicking butt:)
Well, BYU WAS kicking but. I feel your pain!
Post a Comment