Wedding anniversaries are very interesting in how and what you do to celebrate. There is a whole guide line on what you should get for each year you are married. There is always the big trips planned for the big ones. I guess you could call them milestones. I would always say I wanted to go to Hawaii on for my ten year anniversary. Its a place I have never been to, but I hear it is amazing.
So that was the plan until everything changed in our family. Change in a good way and a blessing better than any trip to Hawaii. We spent our ten year anniversary in my favorite place on earth. Its the closest place you can get to heaven. Even though I haven't been to Hawaii, this place is way better. We spent the night at the temple. Eric received his endowments and we were able to enjoy an amazing quiet evening with friends and family. As I sat there watching my husband in the temple for the first time, I was reminded of the the reassuring promises given to me a few years before when we traveled to Nauvoo. That day, I knew he would one day join me in my favorite place, I just never imagined it would be so soon.
It was the best anniversary present ever and I couldn't ask for anything more from him. Through out my life there is one thing I am most grateful for and that is the blessing of the temple. I am who I am because of the temple and I know that my family has been blessed because of the covenants that I make in His holy house.
No comments:
Post a Comment