Saturday, March 5, 2016

Families are Forever.

Families can be together forever, are words I have heard my whole entire life. I often didn't understand fully what that meant coming from an incomplete family. It was something I always longed for. I didn't take the traditional route of creating an eternal family. You usually start in the temple and work together at the same mutual goal. I had to develop habits of an eternal family to help get to where it could actually happen.
 April 5, 2016 will be a day I will always remember. We were sealed in the Mount Timpanogos Temple for all eternity. The day couldn't have been more perfect. I couldn't have been surrounded my more people that I love. It was an amazing day. The most exciting part of it all was to watch my little girls in the temple and see their excitement about the beautiful place they were in. The sealer let them stand on the chairs to be able to see into the mirrors better. As they looked into the mirrors and realized their reflections went on forever they were surprised and excited. The sealer ask what they could see and Savannah answered herself. Then he mentioned that that is your future generations or you kids. Brittlynn let me know that she could only see girls and he didn't know if they were going to have boys and girls. He didn't have lots of advice for us

As everyone left the room they gave us hugs and congratulations. This is something I am not used to doing...but everyone has to change sometime. There were a few people there from when I was younger that I had to introduce to Eric. As they left I realized there were people from all different walks of our lives. I remember when I was in college thinking about being sealed in the temple and only having a handful of people there with me. It broke my heart because I didn't have a large strong family that supported me in my faith. This day was special because my mom was there. She had just gone through the temple herself two years before. Its probably the only sealing of her children she will ever see. My sister was there and the rest were friends...but they weren't just friends. They are my family. Some from high school, college, Texas (when we were first married), Colorado, and Idaho.

To say my heart was full with love is an understatement. It was a special day with some amazing people that I have touched my life. I would be me without the influence they had and their love and support. Eric would be Eric without the unconditional love they offered him.











































Families are Forever and it is made possible through the holy temples on the earth today.  

No comments: