Back I May, I was persuaded to run sign up for a half marathon because it was only $15. I hadn't ran a race in a long time so I decided I was going to run and I was going to train for this race so I could get a personal record. My training was going well until a month and a half before the race I got a job that made it almost impossible to train...then I got sick. Running is one of those things if you take a week off its like you almost have to start all over.
Race day came and I was joined last minute with one of my YW in my ward. The other two that signed up when I did they changed to run a 10k. Looking back I wondered why I didn't change my race. I knew I could run the distance...I just didn't know how well I would do.
The first half of the race went well. My pace was good and I was feeling great. Then it started to go down hill after that. I lost all energy. I couldn't find anything to get me more motivated. Then my knee started to bother me. It had been acting up for awhile but didn't think it was that bad. I was wrong.
I finished the race. I didn't get a personal record. I didn't give up, even when I want led to. The best part of it all was at the finish line I had my friends there waiting for me. That hasn't happen before. It was kinda cool to see people I know.
While I was running daddy got to spend the morning with the girls. They started off snuggling in bed, went to soccer, shopping for birthday presents...and just having fun. I was sad they couldn't come join me, but I am so grateful they were able to have so much fun together.









No comments:
Post a Comment