Did I ever mention that my house was a party house. I have a food problem. I love to make food and I love to have lots of people over to eat the food that I make. Food and people make for a perfect party. We had five amazing families that used to come to our house in Colorado to watch football games and to eat some food. Those same families made a 12 hour trip across three states to come and see Eric get baptized...and the bonus was a little of Polly's food. We had a house full on Friday night. Then in the morning we went for a run and met at the hotel for breakfast. After breakfast it was play time in the pool and it was a party. Savannah spent almost two hours swimming. She is my little fish. Back at the house it got a little crazy as my family started showing up and we all had to get ready for the Baptism. After the big event there was more food and fun until almost everyone had to go home. It was a long drive and they didn't want to drive all in one day.
The next morning was another eventful day we had snow on the ground...but more important what happen to Eric. Marion Shumay was able to confirm Eric. I love listening to his words of council and guidance. I am so grateful he came to be part of his special day. The bishop then gave him a calling to work with the Priest in the Young Men program. After sacrament meeting was over Nathanel Hansen ordained him to the priesthood. With him in the circle was Sam (one of his priest from colorado), Nathan, Colt, Joey, and Taylor (the four priest who came to our house to teach him his discussion). It was an incredible Sunday morning the spirit was strong and it was a moment that will not be forgotten in our family.
Saying good bye is always a little more difficult than we would like. Especially when your friends are like family and you wish we all lived close by. Luckily we still had my sister and mom at my house that didn't make everything so empty. Alex was still here being an amazing brother and uncle to them all.








No comments:
Post a Comment