Saturday, December 14, 2013

The Girls Christmas Party

Sometimes I decide to do some crazy things.  I am not sure why I think it will be a great idea...but before I really think it completely through, plans are in motion and people are coming.  So this year I wanted the girls to have an opportunity to have a Christmas party were they could exchange gifts with their friends.  I was quickly running out of time before we went out of town so late one night a sent out an email to almost 20 parents wondering if their daughters would be able to make it to a party at my house on Saturday.  I invited so many people to make sure enough people could come to make it a real party.  Well with an exception of 2 girls, everyone came that was invited.  So this is when I realize that I am a little crazy.  It turned out great....I had a couple of moms stay and help, which was great, but the girls did well.  We played games, watched Charlie Brown's Christmas, ate popcorn, made ornaments, decorated cookies, pinned the nose on Rudolph, and did a gift exchange.  The girls had lot of fun and I think everyone went home happy.  I am glad I don't always think things through so I am able to create wonderful memories for my daughters.








I think my girls loved having friends over...but most of all they loved making the cookies.  They could roll them out and cut them into any shape they wanted.  I think they spent over 20 minutes creating their own cookie designs.  

No comments: