Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The eyes of a child



Today is a grateful day for me...why, I was able to go on a field trip with Brittlynn.  What makes this so special?  Because of who she is, her personality and how she looks at the world.  I almost didn't go on the field trip because we wouldn't be back until after Savannah was done with school.  Her class was going to the pumpkin patch...I figured we could go again as a family and it would be okay.  Then I started to think about all of the things that Savannah did in preschool and I went with her.  I realized it was important to share this day with Brittlynn.  This is why I am a stay home mom...so I don't miss these days.  The solution...I would drive and leave early enough to get Savannah.

The whole car ride there I was able to listen to her excitement about picking out a pumpkin and what she was going to do with it after.  We got there and played in the corn, road on potato sacks down slides, looked on the animals, road on a hay ride, and ate a snack.  The best part of it all...it was just the two of us.  We road together on the slide, she sat on my lap on the hay ride, and we went and did what ever she wanted.  Being the second/forth child often mean you are lost in the shuffle of everyone else's business.  Savannah had me all to herself for the first two years...and Brittlynn is finally able to have a little mom time without Savannah.








The best part is watching her pick out a pumpkin.  This was the most exciting part for her.  How she sees the world is so different then most.  She had to find the littlest pumpkin.  She doesn't like the big ones at all.  She told me she didn't like the picture from last year with the big pumpkins.  I love that and I love her.  I am trying to take more time and enjoy life the way she does.  I am not always the best at it.  She helps me see the little things and enjoy them.


No comments: