In life the thing you work the hardest for you love more than anything. Right before school started this year I did something a little crazy and applied to be a part-time seminary teacher. Looking back if I really known what I was getting into I wouldn't have done it. Luckily I didn't have very much time to think, but went with the impression that I had that I really wanted to do this. I got the job and to say my life has changed is an understatement. Those changes that have come are a blessing that I didn't even know that I wanted...but looking at were I am at know, I know I needed them.
Lack of time has been the biggest adjustment. Had I realized what little time I would have I might have not even tried. I don't like to be over tasked with a lot of things so I keep my life and my girls life low key. That all changed the moment I started working.
Balancing all of it together has been a challenge. How can I be a wife/mom/teacher...and somewhere in their make dinner, clean the house, exercise, and if I am lucky get enough sleep. Which made me realize how terrible I was about managing my time before I got a job. I had so much time on my hands that I always thought I would have time to do the important stuff a different day.
With all of that I love to teach. There is something about being able to teach in a way that the spirit is guiding and directing you and the end result is far greater than anything that you could have ever imagined or prepared on your own. I love the scriptures and I am so excited to help other to come to love the scriptures.
My personal study has improved 100 fold since I started teaching. I have a better understanding of the old testament. Something I could have never gotten if I hadn't decided to teach. My everyday life is spent doing what matters most...and occupying myself with things that will always invite the spirit. My bishop said it best, I am as close to living my life like a missionary. I live, breath, eat, and sleep the gospel. Which allows me to prepare with a minimum amount of time.
My family has been blessed in so many different ways. The girls want to be seminary teachers when they grow up. Study of the gospel is a priority for everyone in the family. Preparing them for their future starts in the home with the basics. When you use the resources that are given to you as a parent you are empowered with abilities to overcome the bad of this world.
I have some of the most amazing students. I have been blessed to be able to see them through Christ eyes at times. (I am still learning this) I love them and when I am not around them...I miss them. Leaving them is going to be the hardest part of this move. Each class is unique in itself and I learn so much from them. I am humble and grateful for the opportunity I have been given to be called a seminary teacher.
Lack of time has been the biggest adjustment. Had I realized what little time I would have I might have not even tried. I don't like to be over tasked with a lot of things so I keep my life and my girls life low key. That all changed the moment I started working.
Balancing all of it together has been a challenge. How can I be a wife/mom/teacher...and somewhere in their make dinner, clean the house, exercise, and if I am lucky get enough sleep. Which made me realize how terrible I was about managing my time before I got a job. I had so much time on my hands that I always thought I would have time to do the important stuff a different day.
With all of that I love to teach. There is something about being able to teach in a way that the spirit is guiding and directing you and the end result is far greater than anything that you could have ever imagined or prepared on your own. I love the scriptures and I am so excited to help other to come to love the scriptures.
My personal study has improved 100 fold since I started teaching. I have a better understanding of the old testament. Something I could have never gotten if I hadn't decided to teach. My everyday life is spent doing what matters most...and occupying myself with things that will always invite the spirit. My bishop said it best, I am as close to living my life like a missionary. I live, breath, eat, and sleep the gospel. Which allows me to prepare with a minimum amount of time.
My family has been blessed in so many different ways. The girls want to be seminary teachers when they grow up. Study of the gospel is a priority for everyone in the family. Preparing them for their future starts in the home with the basics. When you use the resources that are given to you as a parent you are empowered with abilities to overcome the bad of this world.
I have some of the most amazing students. I have been blessed to be able to see them through Christ eyes at times. (I am still learning this) I love them and when I am not around them...I miss them. Leaving them is going to be the hardest part of this move. Each class is unique in itself and I learn so much from them. I am humble and grateful for the opportunity I have been given to be called a seminary teacher.
No comments:
Post a Comment