The team in prayer.
We drove to Arlington Saturday morning to play the first game of the season. The team struggled in the first half. They realized they had forgotten to pray before they started and then they were able to score two goals in the second half...the final score 2-0. Alex played well, as you can see from the pictures below.
Always going for the ball.
Trying to show some moves...
(I just love his facial expression on this one.)
The weather was in the 70's, but the wind was crazy. Polly was a little worried about driving home with her allergies kicking in. Luckily the second game of the evening was canceled and that meant we were able to get home in time for dinner and not have to drive at night.
Can we say happy!!
Savannah enjoyed the trip. She had fun running around and cheering for her brother. She enjoyed teasing mommy by running out to the soccer field and just stepping over the line. She also discovered flowers that she could pick.
Having fun running.
Picking the flowers. (Weeds)
It was a long day, and a start of a long season. Driving so much and so far for soccer is not something we are going to miss when we leave Texas.
3 comments:
It's official, Savannah is a "big girl"! I can't believe how grown up she looks. So gorgeous:) And yes, when you say, "Soccer....again", I'm thinking, what, like it ever ended? What will y'all do when soccer isn't year-round any more?
Rachel likes to pick those flowers too! If only she would throw them away so the seeds didn't get back in my yard! What are you going to do in Colorado without Year Round Soccer?... I guess you'll have to start blogging about SNOW!!!
Those are such cute pictures of Savannah! Your blog makes me wish I kept one :) You look great pregnant :) Congrats on another girl!
Post a Comment