Saturday, February 27, 2010

Sisters...



Emily and Savannah...sisters and friends.

It was a beautiful Saturday afternoon in Texas, the sun was shinning and the weather was right for a day at the park. We decided to do lunch, play on the toys, and of course feed the ducks. (Don't worry dad, we remembered the sunscreen.) It was just the right way to spend the afternoon. Brother had a soccer game in Amarillo, so he missed out on all of the fun. So it became a girls day at the park.
Savannah tried the slide once, and she was done.

Savannah was way excited to feed the ducks. She carried the bread from the car and wanted to carry the bread again after she ate her lunch. She didn't even care to play on the toys...she just wanted to feed the ducks. To my surprise Emily seemed to enjoy feeding the ducks more than Savannah (she got distracted eating Emily's apple). I never thought it could be so easy to entertain a teenager. Unfortunately, we didn't have enough bread. (I thought I brought plenty.) Savannah did throw a few pieces in the water (when sister remembered to share.) She did enjoy watching the ducks play below.
Feeding of the ducks...and the view down below.

After we feed the ducks, it was off to play. Sister once again had to swing on the swings. (Savannah doesn't like them yet.) She does enjoy walking around and exploring at this park. It turned out to be a great day. (One that I thought was planned more for Savannah, but turned into pure joy for Emily.) It was fun to watch sisters playing together and having fun outside.
Emily had to try the swing...Savannah said no way.

4 comments:

Mom's Place said...

LOL! Savannah is getting so big!!! It was good seeing you today even if it was from a few parking isles away!!

OUR HOUSE said...

It's funny that your last post was a snow day, and this post is a sunny day at the park - that's San Angelo for you:)

Aubrey Norby said...

Did I miss something? I just noticed that it says "Baby Girl" in the upper left corner of your blog. I searched back through your posts to see if I missed one where you announced that you found out you are having a girl, but I did'nt see one. Do you just like putting big news out there in a quiet little corner until we stumble across it? Congrats on another cute little girl. Sorry Alex. It looks like you will have to get used to being surrounded by women.

Betsy said...

A another girl, how fun!!! Was the sister's title supposed to be a hint. . . Congrats!! Plus your two girls are beautiful just like their Mom!!