Savannah living it up at the Stratton's house. (Not baby proof) Thanks for letting us stay at the Stratton hotel.
Early Monday morning (like 7:00 a.m.) we wake to go and get the rental truck. I drop off Eric run by the house to get Savannah's breakfast (things you forget to pack for an overnighter) then its off to the babysitters for Savannah (Thanks Meyers' Family). I arrive at the house to see all of the boxes in the truck. (Way to go Eric)
Our house in boxes.
So we take a breakfast break. We load the rest of the odds and end into the truck. We have plenty of time to spare before we sign for the house. After signing over my life (I thought I was buying the house with all of the paper that I had to sign.) We got the keys and we were off to unpack.
With an exception of forgetting the dolly we were done in a flash. We make it back to the house around 1:30 and start loading furniture. (Okay I didn't load any furniture, I emptied the refrigerator.) I left the boys to finish up the last of the house and took the food to the new house. (This is were the bump in the road comes in) In order to get the refrigerator out of the house you have to take the door off. I guess it took awhile to figure out (at least 30 mins). Needless to say they made it with the truck to the house to unload. (Its a good thing we got the biggest truck so everything could fit.) I left to go get Savannah and by the time I came back everything was done. That was the easiest unpacking job for me. (I did see someone almost drop a TV the size of Texas on them.) Other than that it went well. We dropped off the rental and made it to the Snarr's house for dinner a little after 6:00. (Thanks Snarr Family it was great.) The rest of the week was spent unpacking and organizing. Eric went back to work on Thursday.
Savannah is having a blast exploring the new house, especially the stairs.
Our first dinner at the new house!
The house now is in enough order that I can function without going crazy. The rooms are coming together very nicely. (There are even pictures hanging on the walls!!!)The last rooms on our list are Emily's and Alex's (Sorry kids). They are not here so they are not done yet. As you can see.
2 comments:
Wow! It looks really nice! I love the picture of Savannah exploring the cupboard!
So glad things went so smoothly! We are not so lucky... every time we've moved there is always one disaster or another... that is why I refuse to move again, for a very long time :)
Hope you have fun making your new house a Home!!! It looks great so far!
Post a Comment