Yesterday, I was privileged to be present at the change of command for Goodfellow Air Force base. The ceremony that takes place is a part of the military you don't get to see every day. This base has almost every branch of the service (no coast guard) stationed here. For the change of command you can see the Army, Marines, Navy and Air force lined up in their flights. My favorite part is the pass and review when they march by the base commander. It was humbling to know that our military still opened the ceremony with a word of prayer. The preacher asked God to bless the new commander to lead and direct him. In our world today when so many are turning their backs to the One who can protect them. I am grateful that the men and women who defend our freedoms, still seek His guidance.
Here are some pictures of what you see.

Presenting the colors.
It's all done!

Standing in formation for over an hour isn't fun.
At least it wasn't hot.

The Myer's
1 comment:
I was wondering when that was going to take place! Darn!!! I love Change of Commands!
Post a Comment