Friday, May 1, 2009

Waiting...

Eric finished his package for the job at the Academy. Now we are in the waiting stage. The hardest thing about waiting is not knowing what is going to happen and that means not planning. I am a planner. I plan my meals a month in advance so I know what I am going to cook and I can be prepared. If it was up to me I would plan what I am doing for the rest of the year. (I am not as bad as my sister yet...she plans more than I do.) It doesn't always work that way, especially when you are in the military, but I like to know the major things. Not knowing when or if you are going to move can drive a person like me crazy. Not to say that I am not already crazy...but you get the picture.
Eric found out that a friend of his applied for the same job and there were over 300 applicants. That makes the task of obtaining the job more competitive where you have to stand out to get noticed. I know Eric would love to do this job, he has enjoyed teaching so much, he would love to be able to continue his time in the Air Force doing something that he loves. He truly doesn't want to go back to what he was doing before, it would be like taking a step back in his career. I guess we will see what the Lord has in store for us. This is when you just have to trust in him, but that can be easier said then done.

2 comments:

Missy said...

Join the club! I do teh same with planning and get all bent out of shape when I can't control everything. :)

We are playing the waiting game too. I hate knowing we have to leave, without not knowing when we will leave or where. Especially bad for owning a house.

Shelley said...

Ugh! We're in the waiting game too! The Acadamy is somewhere we want to go also! Maybe we'll end up there together! YAY!