Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Fun...

I am not much of a fan of Mother's Day--for me. For other Mother's I think they should have the best day and get spoiled and treated like a Queen. For me, I prefer not to have the attention and I feel out of place if I am not doing anything. Luckily for me I have a wonderful husband that despite my protesting went and found some wonderful Mother's Day surprises. I woke up to a table arrayed in cards and gifts.



My daughter made breakfast. We enjoyed a nice morning at church and I was even able to get a nap in. (That's really the best gift for me.) The kids enjoyed their afternoon doing anything from golf to soccer. Savannah wandered around the house taking every chance she could get to go outside.


We invited the Stratton's over for dinner. The girls came over early to give mom a little break.


Eric, with the help of Emily, cooked dinner. The menu: Three cheese Manicotti, Salad, Cheese bread, and dessert was a Strawberry Ribbon Pie (Cream Cheese/Strawberry Jello layered (yummy). It was nice to relax and not have to cook.




My favorite part was supprising Amylee with her Mothers day gift. I felt like a little kid at Christmas, I couldn't wait to give it to her. The gift is a wax dipped scented bear. I recieved one for Christmas and realized it was the most unique, but perfect gift.





My day was perfect, because I have a wonderful husband who does so much to make me feel special. He even lets me help him when I am not supposed to do anything. (Because that's what I like doing) Last of all I was able to share my day with a friend, and hopefully make her day special.



Happy Mother's Day to all.

No comments: