So every once and awhile I get out my sewing machine because I need to sew something. Every time I get it out then my girls ask me if they can learn. I am always trying to do just one project and be done, and I don't really have a crafting space to leave it out. So my reply is yes I will teach you just not today. In Idaho I promised Brittlynn that I would give her sewing lessons. I thought I would have time this summer before we moved, but I got to preoccupied with packing and other things. Today I needed to make something to send to Alex for his birthday. She was relentless...she wouldn't stop asking until I said yes. I know I should be better at taking time to teach them. I just get busy doing whatever it is I need to do.
The end result was the happiest girls in the world. They made little pillows for their dolls and they couldn't be happier. Now they can't stop thinking about the next time they have sewing lessons. I am grateful or days like these and I am grateful I have this basic skill that I can teach them. Today I got the best mom ever award from them.



No comments:
Post a Comment