So we had a really long Christmas break in Colorado this year. We got out the week before Christmas and didn't go back until January 4th. We were hoping to go skiing before the girls went back to school but logistics with rentals and timing didn't work out for us to go. With this new career we are never sure when we get our next pay check so I am more cautious on spending.
We got a gift card to a movie theatre for Christmas from Eric sister so we decided to take the girls to see the new Disney movie Moana. They girls had so much fun and it was great to go out together as a family.
After a great New Years Eve party playing Just Dance I decided we should get it for the girls so they can play on the TV. The girls have been playing every chance they can get and it is fun to watch them play.
We made it back to school for one day and then they called a snow day. After a morning of Just Dance the girls asked if they could go sledding and I said yes. For them the word "Yes" was like a miracle. I guess I don't always say yes to that, its usually daddy who takes them and they were so excited. So after lunch we headed over the the sledding hill. It was so much fun, the sun was shining and it was a lot warmer than you would think. Their laughter is what made the trip well worth it. I even managed to make it down the hill with them without crashing. (Another mommy miracle). Eric spent the morning working in the Temple. He wished he could have been there with us. Brittlynn ran into a friend from class and they spent the rest of the time together.
After sledding it was a little time for mommy. We went over to the Pecks house to do nails and the girls were able to play with their friends. Eric came over for a little while to use the treadmill and then he surprised me when he said he had to show a house in a few hours. This new career has been challenging because you can't see the direct result of your efforts. We had two deals fall through at Christmas and our financial future started to terrify me. I don't know if this new deal is going to work...but I can see that we are very watched over and amazing things can happen that we can't always foresee. By being obedient to the commandments you are watched over and blessed in ways you could never imagine.












No comments:
Post a Comment