Thursday, October 20, 2016

Service for a friend

My friend April is the most amazing women I know. This year she was blessed with a beautiful baby boy after years of trying to have a baby. He was a miracle baby...his name is Tiny Tim. Shortly after he was born they realized something wasn't right with him. After a surgery and more test they realized this little boy needed a new liver. As they discussed what the possibilities of how to proceed they suggested a parent try to donate part of their liver (this is the coolest medical breakthrough) After testing both parents ever they decided April was the best match for Tiny Tim. 

She used to live here in the Springs. Her family moved closer to Boulder for her husband to go to school. I couldn't figure out what to do for my friend when she was so far away. I felt helpless. I told her I would love to watch Tiny Tim outside the temple so she could go do a session. To my surprise she said yes. Its not easy to let your baby go to just anyone when he is so sick. Her husband was able to join her at the temple and somehow she managed to have peace of mind for a few hours during her time of so much unknown. 

How I wish I could do more...How grateful I am that I could give her just a few hours in the Lords House...where she needed to be more than any other place.

My time with Tiny Tim was not to exciting. He was fascinated with the water fountain and after walking around the temple ground we went for a drive and he fell asleep. He woke up and was not happy until his diaper exploded. I thought he was all done but as I went to change him there was another surprise for me. So after doing a service for my friend...I ruin the seat of her car because I am not that great at changing a diaper.

Most of all it was great to be able to serve my friend.

No comments: