This year for spring break we decided to let the girls choose where they wanted to go. It was between the ocean or skiing. Daddy got his wish and we decided to take a trip to skiing. One of my students had recently gone a trip to Targhee (she loved it). We were going to go to some of the other resorts that were closer but they closed the weekend before our spring break. We decided to go ahead and try it out.
What a great choice we made. The first day we had the girls in ski school. The did amazing. Savannah had her instructor basically to herself and by the time we picked them both up they were able to do everything on their own. We spent most of the time on the green slope with them but there was so much for them to do. It was hard for me to keep up with them, and I think I got a little better after a couple of days with them. Skiing is still really exhausting for Brittlynn. She still can't handle going as long as Savannah, but she has a lot of fun.
The story of the weekend. They have created little paths through the trees to teach the kids different ways of skiing. One of these paths are called Angry Bird forest. At the very end there is a dip that you can go through, but if your skis are long and you don't hit it right you get stuck. So I was trying to go around it and I ran straight into the tree at the end. It looked like I was straight out of a cartoon. Eric wasn't sure if he should laugh or help me. I didn't know if I was ever going to get up. I don't think the girls are ever going to forget their mom running into a tree. The love to tell everyone the story.
I love that we are able to make memories with them. I hope that we continue with this family tradition. Maybe we can convince Emily to join us one day. On the way home we stopped in Idaho Falls to see the temple. I forgot it was under construction, but it was cool to look at the falls and the temple.
No comments:
Post a Comment