Saturday, October 31, 2015

Halloween



It's that time of year again where life gets a little crazy. With that craziness come lots of family traditions and time together.  For the second year in a row we went with our ward family to the pumpkin patch/corn maze. The girls had so mich fun they didn't want to go home. This year was a little better because we actually knew the people there. 



Next on the list was our annual pumpkin carving/painting night. The girls had a lot of fun with this and every year there painting gets better and better. Dad is the best helping get all the guts out. My job is to roast the pumpkin seeds to eat.





Class parties are next on the list of activities for the week. Daddy was able to take the morning off and spend the day with Brittlynn in her class. Then in the afternoon I went and helped Savannah in her class. My favorite part of the day is watching the two of them together. I love how Savannah takes care of her sister and how much Brittlynn wants to be part of it all. I am just grateful I could help out a little. 


Here they are all dressed up and ready to go to the ward trunk or treat. Savannah is the new "Cinderella" and Brittlynn is "Doc McStuffins". They love dressing up and I was grateful I went the easy Costco way for costumes this year. We bought them back in September and I didn't even think about it again until we got them dressed. The night was full of adventure and The primary was in charge and it was the best trunk or treat I have ever been to. Maybe it wasn't big kid friendly, but it was great for my girls. They had games set up outside with the cars instead of inside so it wasn't as crazy. We had dinner and then I was able to teach all the primary kids a thriller dance. It was a fun night. The hardest part was realizing that Savannah is getting big enough that she doesn't need her mommy to take her anywhere.


Trick or treating was the last item on our Halloween fun week. We took the girls around our neighborhood which was plenty of candy for them. I loved watching them trick or treat together. They really are amazing friends. I hope they will stay that way. The hard part of the night was realizing what we had with our friends in Colorado. We miss them a lot and the traditions we had them them. Halloween was one of my favorites.

After trick or treating the girls were really excited to hand out candy, but we only had one person come to our house. So daddy snuck out the garage, dressed up, and rang the door bell so they could hand out candy.

No comments: