Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Tradition

When Eric and I got married one of the Christmas traditions we decided to start was an ornament exchange.  Each person in the family would draw a name and then we would pick out an ornament for them to hang on the tree.  It is a lot of fun to see the different ornaments that people choose to give to each other, that reminds them of the person.  The hardest part is getting everyone to the store to pick out the ornament.  Last year we decorated some Christmas ornaments using...some of them turned out better than others.  This year we decided to add to the tradition.  We decorated ornaments and then watch a new Christmas movie that was wrapped under the tree.  It was a great because the only ornaments I could find were Grinch ornaments, so we watch the Grinch who stole Christmas.  The girls had fun...they would have liked it more if they could have painted more...but it was fun to be together as a family.  Next year we will see how our tradition changes.








1 comment:

OUR HOUSE said...

I just got finished catching up on your blog (I was WAY behind - for some reason you weren't coming up on the top of the list on my sidebar when you posted something). Anyway, awesome to catch up with you;) I'm proud of you for doing the 1/2 marathon. Inspiring. I quit running a while back, and I regret it. You trounced me when it comes to taking pictures over the holidays - well done my friend;) I can't believe Alex is graduating! I hope you are doing well. Are you guys going to be in CO forever, or will you guys be getting another assignment? Miss ya:)