Thursday, October 18, 2012

Soccer

For any one who knows anything about our family is soccer takes up most of our life and time.  There was one year that Alex played soccer from fall to spring, without a break.  Alex loves playing and we enjoy watching him play as a family.  For now it would appear that soccer is over for our family.  Alex is graduating from High School and he is still unsure about the future he has in soccer if there is any.  So for now this is an end to what has consumed our Saturdays for a very long time.  














This year was a challenge for Alex, two weeks into the season he hurt his knee.  After a trip to the doctor, he  wasn't sure if he was going to be able to play.  It must be all the milk he drinks because he was cleared to play soccer with two weeks left in the season.  The weather was nice outside and it was great to watch him play again.  For the Senior students on the team the do a special night for them and their parents.  The players write a note to their parents and the announcer reads it for all to hear.  To our surprise these are the words that Alex had to say...

Thank you Dad and Polly for giving me the strength to achieve more than I could ever imagine. You guys have always been there for me, and always cheering me on. I more than appreciate Polly for taking care of me my junior year when my dad was deployed, And for going to every one of my games, even when I was being a difficult teenager. I would like to thank my Mom, Shannon for helping me build character, and to always treat people with respect. And for teaching me good moral and life lessons when I came to visit.
Dad you are without a doubt the most important person in my life, I cannot begin to describe how much you mean to me, you have always pushed me to reach my dreams and to never say never. You would tell me after every game, how well I played and to not get down on myself when I thought I played bad, because I can always improve. You are my hero and I will always love you.
Thank you all for supporting me in everything that I have done in my life, I could not have done it without you guys. You have shaped me to become the young man I am today, and for that, I am so grateful.
Love, Alex

 If any of you know Alex he isn't one to express how he feels, if you know Eric he isn't one to hide emotions.  This was a night that for a moment as a parent you think maybe its all worth it...they do recognize your sacrifice and your love for them.  We are still anxious about what the future holds for the Lescarbeau family and soccer.


No comments: