Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Life in the Military....or renting...life in general

A few blogs back we said we are waiting....we still haven't heard anything, but it looks as if the job in Colorado is a no go. The job posting is still on the line but the requirements for time in service have changed just a little bit, so it looks as if Eric doesn't fit that job description. On a more random note...I know you move a lot in the military, but I have been married for just over three years and I am going to be moving into my third house. The only problem is....I am still in San Angelo, Texas (that's were I started). Is there something wrong with this picture? Good news, on July 7th we sign the lease to move into the new off base housing. Did I say NEW...yes, and they are a little nicer then the house we are currently renting. A little bigger too, its a 4 bedroom, Savannah can have a room, not a closet. Our contract for our current rental is up June 30th. We asked our landlord if we could stay until the 8th...first she said "Yes, I would do anything for you" and then...well I am sure you can imagine. We thought maybe she would pro-rate the rent for the extra week, but Eric just talked to her today and she is being a little difficult, she said we would have to pay the whole month of July. Is she crazy? So it looks like we have two weeks to pack our house, put our stuff and our family somewhere for a week, so we can move it all a week later. On a side note...the older kids are leaving Sunday morning to go stay with their mom, which means less people to find a place to live for a week. To make the matters a little more stressful, Alex says he wants to live with his mom. I guess we are cruel parents for having a bedtime and regulating TV/movies/video games time. So that is us for now. We are still trying to find some sort of an assignment, but for now we are still waiting. If Eric doesn't get an assignment by October. We are here until his code runs out next summer.

1 comment:

Strattons said...

You can stay at my house, you chuckleheads!!, but, I have no cable TV