Twice a year we are able to gather as a family and listen to the Prophets voice. I love that Savannah is always so excited to listen to conference. For our family we are not allowed to eat in the living room. Conference weekend is the exception. I pull out all of our snacking food and we sit and enjoy. This year I was trying to help the girls get to know the apostles better, so for family home evening we played an apostle memory game. Then if they could figure out who was talking they could have a piece of candy. They loved the idea and had fun guessing the different apostles. I am not the best at keeping a journal. I know I should be better so I hope to teach my girls the importance of one while they are young so they always have that habit. So I challenged them to draw down pictures of what they heard during conference. They would then be in charge of family home evening the next night. They were so excited, because they love to be in charge. They aren't the best at sitting and listening to everyone all day, but they do really well. I love most is how excited they are to watch.
The afternoon Sunday session was on at the same time as the Broncos football game. I was happy when Eric said he would watch the game while I watched and listened to general conference. I love that he is willing listen with me. Not lot long ago I used to watch everything by myself. To me conference is about gathering as a family.
Monday night came around and the girls were so excited that they were able to teach us. Brittlynn didn't draw that much during conference so she decided she was going to share a picture of baby moses and tell about what happened and then she had to draw what was in the picture. Savannah drew a lot of different pictures. There was one about families...she heard the word family. Then there was a picture of a path...we have good and bad paths to follow. The last picture she showed us was about the widow and the prophet Elijah...she couldn't remember everything, but she did remember the promise that Elijah gave to the widow that she would never lack food if she were to feed the prophet. I didn't even realize she was listening during that story and I was amazed by what she remembered. After they were done sharing I had them bare their testimonies. It was wonderful experience. I am so grateful to have two little girls so filled with the light of Christ and the desire to do good.


No comments:
Post a Comment