Saturday, May 24, 2014

Graduation Celebration Day..

It was a little crazy after Emily graduated.  Her mom was leaving the next day and she had a lot of graduation parties to go to.  We finally were able to celebrate with her the Saturday after graduation.  Mostly it was about spending the day as a family.

First a little miniature golf, ice cream and then the presents.  I made it a goal to make both Emily and Eric cry when we celebrated.  I only did this because Emily pointed out that she doesn't cry for anything and was teasing her dad because he cried over the short video I made of her for graduation.  So I made another, longer video showing pictures of Emily growing up with her dad.  I was successful.












We had a hard time figuring out what we could get for Emily.  I wanted to give her a senior trip, but trying to sell the house, moving and life were just too busy so that didn't work out.  So instead I read the book, Oh the places you will go by Doctor Sues.  Then I wrote a little note about the different things she would need and and use when she moved away.  She opened the gifts in order.

#1 2014 Sticker...The day is here you did it, we are so excited
#2 Hawaii Lotion set Bath & Body...We wish we could send you away to celebrate, but life is a little crazy selling the house and moving to Idaho.  This will have to do
#3 Scarf (picked by Brittlynn)...We thought we would start you off with something new...to make everything a little more fancy.
#4 Shirt (picked by Savannah)...Something bright to show off your personality
#5 Skirt...Something practical, so you can skip borrowing mine.

We love you and are so excited for the places you will go.  We hope you wont forget where you have been that has gotten you this far.
#6 AirForce Jacket..You are an Air Force girl
#7 Picture (drawn by sisters)...Your sisters are so excited to cheer you along the way.  A picture to remind you of them each day.
#8 CTR Ring...On your path that's so crazy and unsure we hope this will help remind you what way to go
#9 Black Toms...We know it's not easy to walk in your shoes perhaps it will be easier in a new pair of these.

To get where you are going it will take a lot of stuff to carry all there it might be rough.
#10 Luggage...so here's another thing to help

But most of all we will miss your smile and laughter we will miss celebrating in all that you do, we that this will help us stay connected to you.
#11 Ipad mini

 I didn't realize she would be so excited over that, but it made her day.  I still can't believe she is graduated.  Life goes by so fast.










No comments: