Saturday, August 3, 2013

Moab day 2

It was August in Moab, we knew it was going to be hot so we planned on waking up early to hike into the delicate arch.  We knew this was going to be the longest hike that we went on and we didn't want to do it in the heat of the day.  The girls did amazing....it was hot but they were determined.  The walked all the way in without much complaint.  Eric carried Brittlynn out because she was walking so slow, and then it was getting close to nap time.  We had plenty of water...but we could have used way more snacks, but we made it.  My mom stayed back and drove up to the look out so she could see the arch and then she met us down by the cars.  Emily was surprisingly excited about the adventure.  She was grateful for the opportunity to go.  This kind of trip is not really high on the single dad list.  It is one that is so worth taking.  











Of course we all had to take time and pose for the camera every once and awhile.  Savannah still gets so hot so fast.  I am so glad we don't live in such a hot climate anymore.  Right before we reached the arch then the cousins decide to climb up to a little cave with some other people.  Savannah decided she wanted to join them.  She was determined and let complete strangers help her reach her goal.  She didn't want to get down so daddy had to go rescue her and Brittlynn felt left out so he carried her up with him.  I am still amazed at what she did.  
This is her trying to climb up 

This is how far up they are from the ground where we were at


I went to help Eric get everyone down.  Its always scarier going down then up.


Then we made it to the arch.  What a site to see.  It doesn't matter how many times you have been there, it still takes your breath away.  It was a little scary at spots knowing how easy someone could fall, but the girls did great.













After we left the arch Brittlynn started making up a song and singing about how she did it.  She hike all the way to the arch.  It was so cute and she wasn't scared about singing as loud as she could.  Everyone that we passed on the way out admired her singing and was amazed that she made it in and was so happy.  Once one goes on Daddy shoulders the other has to follow.  Its a good think that daddy is such a good sport.  










It was a great morning.  We went back to our camp site to eat lunch, swim and rest a little before we headed back out to our next adventure.  We decided to go into to Moab to eat dinner.  I couldn't come up with something that easy to make so I thought it was a good idea...everyone else decided it was going to be my birthday dinner.  I am not one fore celebrating my birthday.  I was excited to be doing something that I love with my family.  That is the best way to celebrate.  

It was off to the double arches.  My mom was able to hike into all of these, she was slow but she did it. Its kinda crazy to think I was the only one that had ever gone to this beautiful place.  I was glad I could share it with my family.  Maybe they will continue to go on such great adventures.  My camera died so we ended up using my iphone for most of these pictures.  I am grateful for such a good phone on my camera.  I was even able to get a really good family picture for my sister.  




























It was a great day followed by a great dinner at a local burger stop.  The craziest part of the evening is when my mom asked a bunch of kids there to sing happy birthday to me.  By the end of the song there was about 30 people singing to me.  We went back to the cabin, played games, and ate brownies.  It was a great end to a family vacation.  The next morning we woke up and drove home.  

No comments: