Saturday, May 7, 2011
The Incline
There is a famous hike here in Colorado Springs that is only 3/4 of a mile but it inclines up 2000 feet. It is a place that people go to test their physical ability and once you go, you wonder if you will ever go back. Its a challenge and one that not everyone is willing to take. We decided to take it on as a family adventure. I carried Brittlynn on my back. It was more than I could have imagined. I wouldn't do it again with the family, but I have and will continue to do it again to test my endurance and ability. On this trip Alex and Eric were the only ones that made it to the top. The rest of us bailed at the half way point. Savannah ended up on daddy's shoulders more than one time. Eric hurried his way to the top and somehow he managed to make his way down fast enough to catch up with the rest of us. Alex was the first one up to the top and ran the whole way down. He only stopped long enough to give me the water he was carrying on his back. Savannah enjoyed going down a little to much she had to explore every rock and tree around every corner. It was my way of trying to keep her moving. I am hoping that we can continue to do thing like this as a family. Perhaps some way we can keep our family together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment